The Women Tech Council is excited to announce the 17 finalists for the Sixth Annual Women Tech Awards. The program recognizes technology-focused women who are driving innovation, leading technology companies and are key contributors to the community. The event is presented by Ernst & Young, Stoel Rives, USTAR, ATK, eBay, HireVue, Wells Fargo and MountainWest Capital Network. The finalists and award recipients will be honored at an awards luncheon on Thursday, September 12, 2013, at the Grand America Hotel.
Over the past six years WTC has recognized 90 women and hosted 125+ STEM high school students at the event. Recently the WTC launched a scholarship program that presented 7 high school students, pursuing STEM degrees, scholarships. This will be the third year the awards will include the Academic Excellence Award for university level students.
We are excited to honor these twenty outstanding women in technology.
Finalists, listed alphabetically, are as follows:
- Shani Allsop, Rees Capital
- Elena Balasa, L-3 Communications
- Catherine Ball, Ancestry.com
- Cheryl Conner, Snapp Conner PR
- Cathy Donahoe, Domo
- Ashley Dreier, Health Equity
- Melissa Floor, Chargeback.com
- Sharlene Hawkes, Remember My Service
- Amanda Hudson, Western Governors Univ.
- Maile Keone, VacationRoost
- Kristi Knight, Vivint
- Sarah Lehman, ENVE
- Denise Leleux, eBay
- Cory Schaeffer, Listen Technologies
- Lynda Talgo, eBay
- Zlatina Todorov, O.C. Tanner
- Clare Wysocki, ATK
Three Student Finalists:
- Sara Ehlert, Brigham Young University
- Rosalie Griffin, University of Utah
- Dayna Stevenson, Westminster College
The keynote speaker is Jennifer Lawton the president of MakerBot. She previously held the title of chief strategy officer. Lawton has been with MakerBot since 2011 and has been responsible for the overall strategy and growth of the company, including strategic partnerships, product development, and retail. In addition to her work with MakerBot, she is a respected company builder, technologist, and advocate for fostering entrepreneurship.
For more information visit womentechcouncil.com